Information Collection, Storage and Use
You can visit some parts of our web site without revealing any personally identifiable information. However, if you register at our site, process a request for proposal (RFP) through our web site or if you or your employer submit(s) information in response to an RFP using our website, then we may collect certain personally identifiable information about you. When you provide us with information you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on servers we use in the United States. When your employer provides us with information about you they acknowledge you have given them the right to provide us that information and to permit the transfer and storage of that information on servers we use in the United States.
Collected and Stored Information
We may collect and store the following information about you:
- if you register as a user at our site: your name, email address and physical contact information;
- transactional information based on the activities of you or your employer on the web site such as content that is generated in creating an RFP or responding to an RFP. If you work for an employer who is responding to an RFP of one of our customers, this many include your name, job title, office location, level of experience, areas of work expertise and the fees your employer charges for your services;
- billing and other information you provide to use our services;
- correspondence made through our website;
- other information from your interaction with our web site, services and content, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, any ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
- additional information we may ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating web site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us information to verify you employer or your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity).
Uses of Information
Information we collect and store about you may be used in the following ways:
- to allow our customers to create and administer RFP processes using our web site;
- to personalize your experience at our website. For instance, your information may allow us to provide you with quicker access to RFP processes in which you are engaged and to provide you with email updates about those processes;
- to resolve disputes, collect fees, respond to service and support needs and to troubleshoot problems;
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our terms and conditions of use and terms and conditions of RF process;
- to aggregate data about RFP processes, how service providers bill for services and how our web site is utilized in ways that do not personally identify individuals;
- to customize, measure and improve our services and content;
- to tell you about our services, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers; and
- to compare information necessary for us to bill and collect fees from customers for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose personally identifying information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that an RFP or response to an RFP or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights. In addition, personally identifying information may be disclosed in the following ways:
- to aid the processing of an RFP. Our web site exists primarily for our customers to create and administer RFP’s. We do not do this on their behalf, but rather provide our customers with a platform to do so themselves. If the response of your employer to an RFP lists you as an individual who would provide service to the customer, then certain information about you such as your name, level of experience, office location, areas of work expertise and the rates charged by your employer for your work will be shared with the customer. In addition, certain of this information may be aggregated with similar information about your co-workers to summarize the economic proposal of your employer. This aggregated data may then be viewed by the customer, and the customer may elect to share such aggregated data using our web site with other service providers who are competing with your employer to gain an engagement from the customer. Such aggregated data, however, does not personally identify you. The name of your employer is not revealed to other service providers by our web site. So, for example, the aggregated data may include the blended billing rate of you and your co-workers listed in the response to the RFP, but would not include your name. Note that all participants in an RFP agree to be bound by our terms and conditions of RFP process for the benefit of one another each time a participant logs into our website. Among other items, these terms and conditions of RFP process provide that no party shall disclose personally identifying information of others to any third party. We are not responsible in the event a third party violates the terms and conditions of RFP process;
- to aid our business operations for which we may need to make certain disclosures to third parties. This includes making disclosure to service providers who help us with billing, bill collection or fraud investigations;
- to meet any request you or your employer may make for disclosure to third parties. Your employer in making any such request that involves personally identifying information about you must first confirm they are authorized to make such a disclosure on your behalf and agree to hold us harmless from any such disclosure. We are not responsible to you for any liability, if your employer is not so authorized;
- to respond to requests from legal authorities. We may disclose information to law enforcement or other government authorities in response to verified requests related to criminal investigations or alleged illegal activity. In such an event, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and transaction history. Note, however, we will only make disclosure if the party requesting disclosure has a subpoena, court order or other legal procedural right except when we believe in good faith the disclosure is needed to prevent imminent financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity; and
We may disclose information that is not personally identifying to third parties. For instance, we may collect the information provided at our web site to aggregate data about how users engage in RFP processes, how service providers charge for services and how our web site is utilized. This aggregated data does not personally identify any individual. We may, in turn, distribute this aggregated data to third parties.
Our web site uses “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) to help analyze our web page flow. They are also used to monitor and customize our services and content.
Regarding cookies, you should know that:
- many cookies are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session; and
- you can decline our web site’s cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of our web site.
Communication Tools and Email Addresses
We do not rent or sell any email addresses to third parties that are submitted to our web site. Further, you may not use our communication tools to send content that would violate our terms and conditions of use or our terms and conditions of RFP process.
Account Protection and Information You Share on Our Web Site
Your password is the key to your registration at our website. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters in your password. We believe you should not share your password with any other individual. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your registration. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password. If you ever access our website from a shared computer or a computer to which others have access, certain information about you, such as your user ID, activity or reminders from us, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you. You are solely responsible for assuring such information is not viewed by or used by third parties and will hold us harmless from any actions arising from any such third party use. We also cannot guaranty that any information you transmit to our web site over the internet will not be intercepted by third parties. If you are concerned that information may be intercepted, then you should not use our website.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
If you are a registered user of our site, you can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing into your account. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Upon your request, you may close your registration at any time. We do retain personal information from closed registrations to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce terms and conditions of use and terms and conditions of RFP process and take other actions otherwise permitted by law. Should you have any other requests regarding the processing of your personal information, please contact us by email at privacy@BanyanRFP.com.
Your information is stored on servers we use located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that needs to be protected. We use a variety of tools (encryption, passwords, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Links to Other Websites
BanyanRFP may contain links to other websites. We do not control these websites and are not responsible for their uses of personally identifiable information or for any harm or loss suffered by you in relation to the use of such websites. You should familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of any linked websites when you visit them.
We do not knowingly request or collect personally identifiable information from users under 13 years old. If we find out that we have collected any personally identifiable information from such a user, we will delete that information.
Amendment of Policy